EMT to Paramedic Career Opportunities
For those who saw the WNEM TV5 story on Paramedic Careers, please see the details below on this opportunity and attend one of four upcoming information sessions. Information sessions are posted below.
- Seven week accelerated EMT training academy starts March 5th
- Hours are 8AM – 4:30PM Monday thru Friday
- SAGINAW LOCATION ONLY
- Attendance is mandatory EVERYDAY
- This program is for candidates that want to become Paramedics. EMT license is the first step.
- Limited number of candidates will be accepted
- Must qualify for program and meet certain standards for acceptance
- High School diploma/GED
- Reading/Math/Comprehension skills at 10th grad level. (MI Works provides testing and validation of skills)
- No felony convictions
- Good driving record – no more than 4 points
- Must pass drug screening and criminal background check
- Must have reliable transportation, child care arrangements as attendance is mandatory EVERYDAY
- Must have internet access
- 80% or better to pass EMT course to qualify to sit for national exam
- Must pass National Exam in order to obtain State of Michigan EMT license
- Pay as Probationary EMT Student $9.00
- Pay once licensed as EMT starts at $10.35
Once candidate becomes licensed as an EMT, full-time hours begin and employee is put into the next available Paramedic program. EMT will work four (4) 12 hour shifts each week while going to Paramedic training two (2) days a week – usually Monday and Tuesday 8AM – 4:30PM. Once clinical hours begin, employee can expect to be at MMR 6-7 days a week. Working every weekend is normal during Paramedic training.
- Paramedic training is approximately 12-13 months
- Successful candidates must pass course, National Registry written and practical exams in order to obtain their State of Michigan Paramedic license.
- Starting wage for Paramedic is nearly $16.00/hr
ATTEND OUR UPCOMING INFORMATION SESSIONS TO LEARN MORE AND GET YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Get connected with a MIWorks! Career Advisor at the Information Session to start the qualification process.
Information Sessions will be held at MMR: 834 S. Washington Avenue, Downtown Saginaw. No pre-registration necessary. Information sessions are 2 hours long as there is lots of information to cover.
January 29th from 2PM – 4PM
February 6th from 2PM – 4PM
February 13th from 2PM -4PM
February 20th from 9AM – 11AM – CANCELLED
For more information on Paramedic Careers, please connect with Great Lakes Bay MI Works! 989-752-3145 or visit www.michiganworks.com
Check out information on careers in EMS by watching our videos at Paramedic Careers