Paramedics provide both basic and advanced life support, undergoing more advanced training than EMT-Basics. Obtaining a paramedic license will allow an individual to work in many healthcare fields and pre-hospital services such as ambulance, fire safety, or flight rescue.
National Registry Written Exam Pass Rate
1st Time Pass
Positive Placement with Employer
This course is designed for a licensed EMT interested in becoming a paramedic. Emphasis will be placed on improving current methods and knowledge of pre-hospital care. Additionally, the student gains advanced knowledge in respiratory, cardiovascular and drug therapy.
Our course is a hybrid course offering online studies coupled with one day per week of instructor lead classroom and one day dedicated lab time. To accommodate scheduling conflicts for students and reduce driving time and distance, we offer the required classroom/lab sessions on various days and locations each week. This program is competency based. To achieve this, didactic hours and clinical hours will be evenly divided. Total course hours are 1197. Course length is approximately 12 months.
The fundamental responsibility of the EMT-P is to conserve life, to alleviate suffering, to promote health, and to encourage the quality and equal availability of emergency medical care. The EMT-P is qualified in advanced pre-hospital emergency care and services by a competency-based educational program. The standard of practice of the EMT-P is in accordance with the most current MDHHS guidelines.
Paramedics have the prime responsibility for managing the emergency situation and determining the appropriate patient treatment. Our students continue to improve their medical knowledge and skills as they advance to a paramedic level. Our course enables students to gain a more in-depth understanding of the key pre-hospital protocols and procedures. Our trained paramedic students will strengthen their medical abilities by participating in real hands-on experience.
Course Admission Criteria
Students applying for entry into the paramedic program must have:
- Must have successfully completed a College Level Anatomy and Physiology course within the past seven years with a C (2.0) or better, or Complete the Anatomy and Physiology for the Prehospital Provider online class through Jones and Bartlett Learning with a total completion score of 80% or better.
- Must have up to date TB, HEP B and shot records.
- Must have a valid driver license.
- Must have current EMT License in good standing with the state of Michigan.
- A Drug Screen and Background Check must be completed through Platinum Education.
- Completion of the Learning level competency testing provided through Platinum Education.
- Must be free of any criminal convictions that would disqualify you from working in the health care field.
A certificate of course completion, National Registry exam application, exam reservation form, and necessary information for licensure will be issued to those successfully completing all components of the paramedic course and paying in full all course fees. Course completion rosters will be submitted to MDCH.
Pricing and Payment
Program Fee: $4,600 (does not include textbooks and access to Platinum Ed. online services listed below.)
* Program fees include a $50.00 non-refundable registration fee
Additional Cost: Textbooks - $494.96
EMSTesting.com - $95.00
Platinum Planner - $85.00
Background Check - $45.00
Drug Screening - $38.00
Asset Testing - $5.00
Two payment options are available at checkout.
Option 1. Deposit of $1200.00 at time of registration
$3400.00 balance paid in 3 even installments at the start of each trimester.
Option 2. $4600.00 payment in full.